Sitecore Digital Asset Management (DAM) provides you with the ability to manage, store, and search assets from a centralized repository. A typical use case for Sitecore DAM covers a simple workflow as illustrated in the following diagram.
This workflow includes the following high-level steps:
- Upload - upload and create an asset in Sitecore DAM.
- Edit - edit the metadata associated with the asset. This is an important step because metadata is used to search for and categorize assets.
- Review - use the annotation tools to provide feedback.
- Share - share the approved asset with other Content Hub users.
- Archive - archive unused assets.
- Create collections - use a collection to easily share assets.
- Create a saved search or saved selection - use a saved search to personalize content for specific users.
- Download assets - use the download functionality to download assets.
- Enforce DRM contracts - use the Digital Rights Management functionality to enforce copyrights.
Can we improve this article ? Provide feedback