The Search page offers both quick and advanced search functionalities to find and access your content items.
To access the content Search page, on the main menu bar, click Content, then click search. All the actions described in this document start from the content Search page.
The search results show on the main section of the page. If you do not apply search filters, the results list all your content.
You can use the following features to sort and filter through your content.
On the left of the Search page, on the Filters tab, you can filter your content by facets.
The facets are collapsible menus. Click a facet item to apply the filter on your search result.
The available facets vary according to your solution implementation. Commonly used facet categories for content-related search include campaign, content type, audience, region, life cycle status, localization, tags, or user.
On the left of the Search page, on the Advanced tab, you can perform an advanced search on your content. Advanced search lets yous build filtered queries using data facets based on set values or dynamic values.
To perform an advanced search:
- On the left of the Search page, select the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, select the query type: Choose value or Dynamic.
- If you select Choose value, select an operator in the drop-down list and set a date using the DateTime selector.
- If you select Dynamic, select a period in the drop-down list. The offset date is the current day by default.
- Click Add filter.
To perform a full-text search on your content, use the search bar at the top of the page.
Sort and display options
You can organize your search results using the display and sorting options available under the search bar.
On the top-right of the page, click + Create to create new content.
Operations for a single content item are available on the content tile.
You can perform the following operations:
- Inline preview : opens the inline preview.
- More actions : displays more available operations.
The content tile provides a brief description of the content item. Commonly displayed properties include thumbnail preview, content type, title, status, or creation date. The In project label shows on the thumbnail of the content created from a Sitecore Marketing Resource Management (MRM)™ project.
To open the content detail page, click the content tile.
To perform a bulk operation, you first need to select the content on which you want to apply it.
Bulk operations are available on the right of the page menu bar. You can perform the following bulk operations:
- Edit : mass edit the selected content.
- Attach to campaign : attach the selected content to a campaign.
- Delete : delete the selected content.
- More actions : display more available operations.
- Show selected only : display only the selected content.
- Copy to clipboard : copy the selected content to the clipboard.
Can we improve this article ? Provide feedback