Content as a Service (CaaS)
With the increased usage of devices beyond computers, businesses want to display content everywhere. Content as a Service helps achieve this by storing content and retrieving it through APIs, with no attached frontend. With Experience Edge™ for Content Hub, Content Hub becomes a Content as a Service (CaaS) solution.
In a CaaS solution, developers can create multiple frontends, all of which can retrieve content from the API:
- The data is created and stored in Content Hub.
- The data is pushed to the API or delivery platform.
- The head (or frontend) is built by the sources consuming the data.
Some advantages of Content as a Service:
- Your content is easy to publish to existing and emerging channels.
- Your content is responsive and sensitive to the devices on which it is viewed.
- Updating your content in one repository, updates it across all the channels where it is used.
Sitecore Digital Asset Management (DAM)™ can share data via public links or using the REST API.
Sitecore Experience Edge for Content Hub provides the delivery platform as an additional mid-layer for sharing Sitecore Content Marketing Platform (CMP)™ data, Sitecore Product Content Management (PCM)™ data, and any custom domain definitions you have.
Can we improve this article ? Provide feedback